Chai Tea & Manuka Honey Cake. Banana bread is so last summer!
– 230g raw sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tbsp manuka Honey
– 1 organic free range egg
– 75g organic butter
– 3g bicarb soda
– 150g Chopped dates and prunes
– 310ml chai tea
– 225g plain flour
– 1 tsp mixed spice
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp garam masala
– 1 tsp ginger powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 160 deg & spread cake tin with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
2) Boil chai tea for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put dates and bicarb soda and butter in a large metal bowl. When tea is boiled measure out 310ml and pour over dates, butter and bicarb mix. Leave until its at room temperature at least 20mins.
3) While chai mix is cooling, beat sugar, honey, egg, vanilla for 5 minutes on speed 3 until white and light and creamy. Combine dry ingredients together.
4) Pour date mix slowly into sugar mix on speed 1, until combined (2 minutes). Handful by handful, add the dry ingredients to this mix. Do not overbeat, mixer should be on for maximum of 2 minutes.
5) Pour into loaf tin and bake for about 40 minutes, until springy and bounces back on touch and nice and brown all over. Let cool for 10 minutes before releasing from tin.
Rosie Mansﬁeld is a professional Nutritionist that runs http://www.thenutritionists.com.au where you can get all types of meal plans from the newly gluten free to pregnancy. Got more questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rosie is a contributor to the Girl Surf Network so keep an eye out for her in the Health and Fitness tab!